1. I am turning 20. I will officially be two decades old. Being 20 seems like a useless birthday because I still can’t drink or rent a car or gamble, but it’s a big deal. I will finally stop being a teenager, yet I’m still in a weird limbo of not being a kid but not being an adult. However, a new decade means new beginnings!
2. I am performing on Broadway. I am so honored to be a part of Spacefroot Dance Company, and the fact that we are dancing at a theatre on Broadway in New York City (on my birthday) is unreal. I never, ever, ever thought that this would happen to me. Sure, every girl who takes a ballet class dreams on being that beautiful ballerina in all white on the NYC stage, but I’m pretty darn close to that dream.
4. I work two jobs, and being a Pride Guide and a French tutor has made me realize how important it is to manage your time. Creating a schedule for work, class, and extra curricular activities (can you still call them that in college?), has made me even more organized than I was before.
5. I have the opportunity to study abroad. While I wait for the University of Amsterdam to let me know whether or not they have accepted me, I think about all the things I plan on doing if I go- all the travel, sightseeing, and experiences I plan on having.
5. I am literally living my dream. I spent my whole life saying that I wanted to move to New York, and I did. I packed my little car up and headed here for college, fulfilling my dream of someday living in New York. Even if I don’t end up living in New York forever after I graduate, I’m here now!
6. I just took an awesome trip to California with great friends, one of whom I have been friends with since the 7th grade! I am so thankful to be able to go across the country to see her at least once a year and spend some time in such a beautiful place!
7. I will officially welcome my lovely little, ‘Geneva’ into Zeta Phi Eta next weekend, bringing her into the Travel Tree!
8. I am acting in a friend’s film project this weekend! While acting has never been my number one talent, I miss doing it in high school and I’m excited to help out with their shoot!
9. I have had 2 amazing internships, one in person and one virtual, and I have learned so much from both of them, more than I ever could learn in a classroom, even with all the opportunities Hofstra offers.
10. Finally, I have the honor to be on the Digital Team for the Women in the World Summit this weekend! One of my former editors from The Daily Beast e-mailed me over spring break and asked me to be a part of the team, to which I quickly said yes! I am so honored to be able to watch so many amazing women speak and have the opportunity to work on this summit! I am also super excited to be reunited with Kelsey, my best friend/co-intern when I was at Newsweek/The Daily Beast!
There are a million things I could list that I am excited or grateful for, but these are just a few of the amazing things happening in my life right now! I can’t wait to post about the summit and later my show, so stay tuned!