It’s May! I cannot believe how fast this year is flying by! It feels like Easter came and went in the blink of an eye and now its graduation time!
Since I graduated early, my options for what to wear to graduation were limited. It was freezing the week I graduated, not to mention December limits your outfit options. I chose to opt out of the traditional ‘white graduation dress’ or a classic Lilly. I ended up wearing this Adrianna Papell dress that I picked up at Dillard’s for a steal! It was classy and, most importantly, so comfortable!
Speaking of comfort, that brings me to the whole point of my post- what are you supposed to wear to graduation?? You need to look cute for all those pictures, be comfy enough to last the whole day, and feel great.
- Comfort is something you really need to keep in mind when picking your graduation outfit, both for your dress and your shoes! While my dress was comfy, I wore a pair of stiletto heels that looked AMAZING, but let’s just say I’m glad my ceremony involved a lot of sitting!
- Depending on how your school works, you may have to do a lot of walking, standing, sitting, and more walking. I would recommend wedges, chunky heels, or even a pair of fun, strappy sandals like these; I have a similar pair that I wear everywhere!
- There’s a myth from somewhere way back when that you have to wear white for your graduation. Since I graduated in December that probably would have been a faux-pas, but you can really wear whatever you want! The most important part is to feel good! Because….
- Let’s be honest- no one is going to see your dress during the actual ceremony, so if you want to stand out, focus on your cap! Decorate it however you want- I added a big bow, sparkles, and my Zeta letters. It certainly made it easy for my family to spot me in the crowd!
- If you are stuck on where to buy your dress, look anywhere! I bought mine on clearance at Dillard’s, and it wasn’t purchased specifically for graduation- I had a few other options in my closet. While I linked a ton of Lilly dresses below, you can find equally awesome dresses at TJ Maxx, Target, or a boutique.
If you are graduating this month (congratulations!) I’ve rounded up a ton of grad-ready dresses below. Or, if you are attending a graduation like me, these would work just as well!