Today I’m sharing a fun collaboration I recently did with Clarisonic! I am super strict and regimented when it comes to my skincare- I have always had pretty clear skin, and I try to keep it that way. While I love my usual routine, I was excited when Clarisonic asked me to test drive their new Mia 2.
Most of my friends have Clarisonics, and they have been raving about them for years. I knew it was a great product, but I just never thought about investing in one. I could just wash with my hands, right?
Oh, so wrong. I first tested out my Clarisonic last week- I am using the Mia 2 along with the Deep Pore Cleanser that came with it. The Mia 2 actually has two speeds, so you can use it for a gentle cleanse or a deep clean. I’ve been using the lower speed, since it feels more comfortable for me.
My Clarisonic is also way easier to use than I expected. You just squeeze a nickel or quarter-sized amount of cleanser – you can use Clarisonic’s cleanser or your preferred cleanser – onto the brush head, push the button, and let it do the rest! It beeps when it is done cleaning each section of your face, and stops after a minute so that you always know your skin is totally clean!
It also feels amazing. I kept making Z rub my face to show him how soft it was, and now he wants to try it! Boys, skincare is important too!
I love my Clarisonic, and I can tell that it is deep cleaning my skin. I’ve only been using it a little over a week, and it is literally pulling any impurities out of my skin. At first, I thought it was irritating my skin as I saw a few small red bumps under my skin, but in the morning it is totally clear, which makes me so happy!
Deep cleaning is only one step in my overall skincare routine. Here are the key things I always, always do to keep my skin fresh and clean!
- I NEVER sleep in my makeup, no matter how tired I am.
- I don’t wear a lot of makeup on my face; I only use makeup on my eyes, blush, and a little concealer as needed, with BB cream every now and then for longer days/nights.
- I wash my face every morning when I wake up (I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst), and I cannot start my day without doing this! Then, I add about a nickel-sized amount of Olay Moisturizer with SPF 15. My whole family uses this stuff!
- I remove my makeup with Johnson’s baby body wash. It is super gentle, doesn’t sting your eyes, and removes everything without having to scrub.
- I wash my face every night, after I take my makeup off. Usually I just use Clean and Clear Nightime or Neutrogena grapefruit scrub in the shower. Now that I have been using my Clarisonic, I will probably start combining it with my favorite cleansers in the future! Plus, it is waterproof so I can bring it into the shower.
The Mia 2 would make a perfect gift idea for the upcoming holidays. Right now Clarisonic is offering 15% off with the code HERCAMPUS from now until October 31!
This post is sponsored by Clarisonic and Her Campus Media. All opinions are, as always, my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help to make Hepburn and Handbags possible!