Hello! I’ve got a quick post today, as I’m busy running around and making sure we’re all ready to go tomorrow! We’re only taking carry-on luggage for this trip, and it’s been less of a challenge than I thought it would be! So before take off, I wanted to share with you all my tips on how to pack for a week in Europe in a carry on bag!
- Check the weather! This is especially important if you will be hitting more than country/region of Europe. What is the weather going to be like? Are you going to the beach, the mountains, or both? Try to pack outfits that you can mix, match, and layer for multiple climates and occasions.
- Double check dress codes. Make sure you have appropriate clothing for any sites that may have dress codes. For example, many churches in Italy, not just the Vatican, require you to cover your shoulders and knees. I also found this in Spain, so make sure your suitcase matches your itinerary.
- Roll everything. I am 100% in the camp that rolling is the best way to pack. I’ve tested out so many different combos, but rolling always wins. If you are packing heavier items like vests or jackets, lay them flat on the bottom of your suitcase, and then pack everything else on top to save space!
- Edit your shoe count. This is always a problem for me, but if you think you will only wear a pair of shoes once, don’t pack them! Try to figure out what kinds of activities you are going to be doing ahead of time. Those new heels may be cute, but unless you’re going out every night, leave them at home.
- Fill all the cracks. I take all of my smaller items (socks, underwear, bathing suits, etc.), roll them up really tight, and fill any spaces between clothes. If you are packing hats, this is also a great way to keep your hats from getting crushed- fill the crown with any small items to help keep its shape!
- Leave room. If you plan on buying anything (even if you don’t, you never know!), leave at least a little space for any souvenirs. Plus, you’ll feel much better if you don’t have to sit on your suitcase to close it before you leave!
Everyone has their own packing tips and tricks, but these are the ones that have worked for me! I’d love to hear all your go-to packing tips!